Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Visita Iglesia 2009

Many of our fellow Catholic Filipinos would probably practice one of the country’s unique Holy Week traditions: The Visita Iglesia. Visita Iglesia is a Spanish term which roughly means church visit.


According to tradition, Visita Iglesia is normally done on the night of Holy Thursday. But there is also no specific rule which prohibits anyone from doing it at anytime of the year. The passed-on tradition, furthermore dictates that in doing the Visita Iglesia one should visit seven churches. In each of the churches that you visit, one should reflect on one of the seven last words of Jesus Christ and do some prayer.





Most of the time the seven churches being picked are based on the proximity to each other. This year, my Visita Iglesia picked churches may not really be due it its proximity to each other but more importantly its historical significance and beauty.


See: biyahilo.com


I left the station of the cross booklet in the convent and was not able to memorize some name of the Churches that Sr. Annie listed for us as a guide.
Sto. Tomas, Batangas -St. Thomas Church

Tanauan, Batangas - Tanauan Church (posted soon the exact name of the church)

Tanauan, Batangas - Darasa Church (correct me if i'm wrong)  

San Pablo, Laguna - St. Peter Cathedral Church

 Tagaytay, City -St. Lourdes Church 

Tagaytay, City -Franciscan Missionary Monestery/Convent Church
  
Tagaytay, City -Holy Spirit Church  

 
God is so great for I was able to visit my resting place the Pink Sister, Holy Angels our 8th church visit. 
 

The 8 churches:
Sto. Tomas, Batangas -St. Thomas Church
Tanauan, Batangas - Tanauan Church (posted soon the exact name of the church)
Tanauan, Batangas - Darasa Church (correct me if i'm wrong)
San Pablo, Laguna - St. Peter Cathedral Church
Tagaytay, City -St. Lourdes Church
Tagaytay, City -Franciscan Missionary Monestery/Convent Church
Tagaytay, City -Holy Spirit Church
Tagaytay, City -Pink Sister, Holy Angels Church
I never regret this another stage of journey for I was able to contemplate every churches and place we been through. Blessed by the wonderful people, weather and circumstances. I didn’t even felt any hunger or even get tired knowing the long way of travelling from my origin. I thank God for giving me those people who been part of my visita iglesia: my dear family who encouraged and supported me to pursue my plan of holyweek, permitted me to do this and be left for a couple of days from home. My journey buddy Andy thank you though it is a short notice you were able to join me and i do you enjoy it, my nun friends Sr. Annie, Sr. Josie and Sr. Feliz who welcomed us in their convent and experience a couple of days with them, manong drive for the safe travel and those who texted me along my way. . .  

Thanks God we're home SAFE. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment